There are many options for lean protein sources, but these are our top 5:
1. Eggs. They're quick, easy and you can prepare them in so many different ways. 1 large egg has approximately 6 grams of protein.
2. Fish. It's packed with protein but won't weigh you down. Just a 3 oz. serving of cod has 15 grams of protein!
3. Chicken. We know, it can get old, but there are so many fun ways to enjoy this lean protein! Check out a few of our blogs for recipes that might help you change up your baked chicken routine.
4. Low-fat, 1% cottage cheese. This might be the best one because it takes NO time to prepare and it can be mixed with vegetables or fruit. 1 cup will pack a mean punch with 28 grams of protein!
5. Protein powder. You can do so much with protein powder: mix it into oatmeal, or add vegetables and low-fat milk. Protein powders can be tricky so make sure to ask about what we recommend the next time you visit Access Medical.
*Always check with a physician before starting a high protein weight loss plan. High protein is not suitable for everyone.