The winter months can be dark, dreary and downright cold making it harder to be active and eat well. Stay on track during these next few weeks and push through to spring! Here are our 5 tips to help you stay focused:
- Make 1 new recipe each week. This will help you stay interested in your meal plan. Eating the same thing each day gets boring. Check out our blog or Facebook page for more recipes.
- If you aren't already, consider journaling your daily intake. Make it fun by investing in a fitness tracker which might bring out your competitive edge! Often times, these allow you to log your daily intake as well.
- Don't go to the extreme! If your meal plan allows, eat fruits, dairy and starches in addition to your proteins, vegetables and healthy fats. This will help you stay interested in your plan and avoid deviations.
- Be kind to yourself. Let yourself be a little less than perfect some days when it comes to your weight loss. If you fall short of your goal but still lost some weight for the week, celebrate your accomplishments!
- Keep it fresh. Get exercise in ways you might have not considered before such as hiking, playing an indoor sport or walking through an outdoor shopping center. We are lucky to live in a wonderful state that has so many different parks and recreational areas. Take advantage of them all!